[BusyBox] man for busybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jun 14 06:14:28 UTC 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 03:57 am, Craig Skinner wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> > But yeah, man page support would be really cool.
>
> Amen.
>
> Would it be possible for this to include other man pages from a
> buildroot environment?
>
> Eg for the likes of dropbear, bridge, iptables,.....
>
> Maybe an option to include the man pages for all built external
> packages, or just for some selected items????
>
> Craig.

Well, right now we can use troff to convert a man page into a preformatted
text file, and then gzip it and drop it in a directory for a simple "zcat |
less" style man to display.  This means you have to have troff and the man
macros package available as a build tool to do the conversion, but not in the
final image.