[BusyBox] Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 01:01

Craig Skinner craig at openpost.org
Fri Jun 3 20:07:19 UTC 2005

David Daney wrote:
> That is my whole point.  try root=/dev/ram0

I tried it this way, but no difference, left as you suggest.

> I don't understand what you mean about your USB pen drive.  That will
> likely end up on /dev/sda1

The initrd on the floppy sleeps 5 secs while the USB initialises, then
mounts the USB pen drive, zcats the root file system image to another
ramdisk, and pivots onto it, so the USB pen drive is not normally used
post boot (the flash used on them has a finite number of reads/writes
and is slower than ram). Well, that's the plan anyway....

Thanks a lot so far. Any other ideas? Probably something silly/stupid.

Cheers,
Craig Skinner.