[BusyBox] autoloading kernel mods

Mike Castle dalgoda at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 4 09:44:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 08:48:12PM -0800, Rick Philbrick wrote:
> I am wondering if I lost this functionality when
> insmod.c was changed on Dec,26th.  Or is there
> something I am indeed mis-configuring in my new build.
> I use x86 not the alpha/sparc.

I was wondering the same things myself, especially since I did a little
bit of hacking on the module stuff. Was concerned that I'd messed
something up.

Turned out that on my working configuration, I was using a modutils built
against dietlibc, not the modutils stuff built into busybox (I use some
features not supported with the busy box stuff).

Are you sure you're not running into a similar situation?

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda at ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/