[BusyBox] My mount rewrite.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Feb 9 15:02:35 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 04:27 am, Tito wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 February 2005 05:43, you wrote:
> > Thanks for the bug report, dunno how I missed that.  (It worked at some
> > point, before I broke it.)  I'll try to whip up a new (somewhat cleaned
> > up) patch tomorrow.
> >
> > Rob
>
> Hi, Rob,
> BTW, I stumbled across this bug while trying to implement the usage of
> bb_getopt_ulflags in your new mount. At the moment I have only an untested
> example code that i will clean up and fix later when you've fixed the
> current issues and if you are interested about it. It seeems to save some
> space.

Cool.

I thought about applying bb_getopt_ulflags, but didn't for a few reasons:

1) my --longopt mechanism is different, it reuses the parse thingy where we
have to snapshot any strings we don't recognize and pass 'em on to the
kernel, and it only uses one number in mount_options instead of two (if the
high bit's set you and, otherwise you or).

2) There was some discussion of better documentation for
"complementally" (complementary?) and such, but it's not in the last snapshot
I took from CVS.

3) The mount flags come from a header file, not defined by us.  I was trying
to find someway for getopts to set some of 'em directly, but they just don't
match up right.

That said, I'm happy if you can make it work. :)

> Let me know what you think about it.

The example code shows promise, but I need to find a spare lunch hour to
finish my cleanup...