[BusyBox] udhcpd issues

Russ Dill Russ.Dill at asu.edu
Sun Feb 6 03:44:35 UTC 2005

> pidfile         /var/run/udhcpd.pid     notify_file
> /etc/rc.d/rc.test

Is this a typo, or is there really no newline? Also, make
sure /etc/rc.d/rc.test is executable, and the interpreter is correct

> another problem is that /var/lib/misc/udhcpd.leases
> is not being populated it is empty
> even though my client is getting the address.

Well, the notify_file gets run when the leases are written out, so if
the leases are "never" written out, you'll never get notify run.

> Am I taking the notify_file option right it is
> suppose to run that file right?
> This is the main reason I'm trying to run udhcpd
> because I'd like to run stuff off the dhcp deamon
> giving an address instead of probing the lease file
> every x seconds. If theres a better way to get a
> dhcp deamon to run a script when its writing a
> lease I'd like to here about it.

The readme says exactly what I want to say:

The udhcpd.leases behavior is designed for an embedded system. The
file is written either every auto_time seconds, or when a SIGUSR1
is received (the auto_time timer restarts if a SIGUSR1 is received).
If you send a SIGTERM to udhcpd directly after a SIGUSR1, udhcpd will
finish writing the leases file and wait for the aftermentioned script
to be executed and finish before quiting, so you do not need to sleep
between sending signals. When the file is written, a script can be
optionally called to commit the file to flash.