syslog basic querry

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 02:31:05 UTC 2005

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for tip on unchanged-stats, it's exactly what I was looking for.
May be i will patch busybox tail for it, should be helpful patch IMHO.

pramfs from it's web page looked like meant for NVRAM based logging ?
I didnt quite fully get u-boot thing you pointed.
If I understand it well, that you are saying that u-boot can be told
to leave out an area of RAM (from clearing / init'ing it ?)  ? and so
memory snapshot will be retained across boots ?

This  should work across processor generated resets .. But, will it
fail if say there has been an external reset pin triggered. External
button reset will send reset / power cycle not only processor but also
all peripherals ?

Regards,
Alfred