[BusyBox] The 2.2 support issue in busybox.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Aug 14 19:12:32 UTC 2005

The "needed only for 2.2" issue I remembered from mount is that flags has to
have the top 16 bits initialized to specific garbage (0xc0ed0000) in order to
recognize "new flags" in the bottom 16 bits.

2.4 and 2.6 ignore the top 16 bits entirely, although of course this means
that this 32 bit value only has 16 bits of usable flags...

Anyway, the mount rewrite is indeed initializing the flags field to the right
garbage for 2.2 support, although that hasn't been tested and various things
like mount --move and mount --bind of course won't work under 2.2 anyway...

So I _think_ we still support 2.2.  We just haven't tested it in years. :)

P.S.  Found another test case that makes the new mount code segfault (at least
with mtab support compiled out).  Tracking it down now.

Nope, not a 1.0 issue.  Go go gadget release announcement...