[BusyBox] [patch] new applet mountpoint

Jason Schoon floydpink at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:01:53 MDT 2005

Wow, I hate to jump into the middle of a firefight, but so be it.

I agree with Bernard here, you could make the argument that almost
anything can be written with a shell script and using other utilities.
 A busybox applet written in C is just another alternative way to do
it.  The nice thing is if you feel so inclined on your system, don't
build it into busybox.  I don't build probably 3/4 of Busybox for my
embedded system.  However, I also much prefer a simple applet to a
bunch of scripts on my system, especially when it can all be embedded
in the multi-call binary.

This seems like a small and at least somewhat common system utility.
Exactly what I associate with Busybox.

Now, if your argument is poor code, choose that rather than simply
stating this could be written a different way.  Moreover, why not
simply state issues that you see and/or post an updated patch, rather
than falling to pure accusations such as "needlessly
inefficient (pointless memory allocations)".