[BusyBox] /dev/console issue with busybox 1.00

Srinidhi kasagar srinidhik at rediffmail.com
Sat Nov 20 09:33:29 UTC 2004

hi,

I'm new to the busybox mailing list.

I've a problem in 1.00 busybox version with ARM linux kernel version 2.6.9.
Actaully i got busybox working, but it is throwing message like " cannot access tty, job control off" at the end of my kernel boot.

I've searced the site before posting here, It seems my shell is running on my console. I'm supposed to use ttyS0 istead. My question is how to run my shell on ttyS0 instead of /dev/console.
I've a ARM primecell PL011 UART ie> ttyAMA0 acting as a console by passing console=ttyAMA0 in kernel argument.
Please guide me how can i run shell with ttyS0 without hacking tty_io.c ? can i do this with inittab script ? if so how ??

regards,
Srinidhi