[BusyBox] Telnetd problem

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Nov 10 19:44:10 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 02:51, shivappa.kushtagi at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi there,
> I have tried with version 1.0. Same result. I really appreciate if
> someone can tell me the procedure to configure telnetd with busybox,
> like
>
> 1. What all options/configs to select in make menuconfig of busybox
> 2. What files to have in /etc
> 3. How should my /etc/init.d/rcS look like
>
> Etc..
>
> Thanks
> Shivappa

I don't use busybox telnetd because I use a mini-sshd (google for "dropbear")
instead.  But glancing at telnetd config, it has exactly one option: "support
call from inetd only".  Having that on would cause the symptoms you've
described.  Try switching it off.

If that's not it, tell me what platform you're using and how you're compiling.
(I'm guessing cross-compile from intel to arm?)