[BusyBox] Telnetd problem

shivappa.kushtagi at wipro.com shivappa.kushtagi at wipro.com
Mon Nov 8 11:36:32 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have compiled busybox-1.00-rc3 with telnetd enabled.
However, I am not able to telnet to the device.

1. I start telned manually,

/usr/sbin/telnetd

2. When I telnet to local host, I get the following message :

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

The moment I telnet, telnetd daemon gets killed.

Any idea what is wrong here ?

Note: There seems to be a similar posting some time in April 2004, but
there were no answers.

Regards
Shivappa

Confidentiality Notice