[BusyBox] amd64 insmod again

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at technion.ac.il
Wed May 19 17:20:33 UTC 2004

Hi

I'm still with the need to load kernel modules on amd64.

I figured I'l try building a native busybox on amd64 and load from
there. The problem is:

modutils/insmod.c:252:2: #error Sorry, but insmod.c does not yet support this architecture...

Any idea what I need to do to support this? Alternatively: can anybody
recommend me a small bootable amd64 root filesystem which is as complete
as possible?

BTW: the makefile uses 'sed -i' . It is not always avilable. In case it
is not avilable 'perl -pi' could be used instead (if perl is avilable).

So it would make sense replacing all the 'sed -i'-s in Makefile with ,
e.g. SED_I to allow easier replacement of it.

--
mailto:tzafrir at technion.ac.il       +---------------------------+