tar and decompression (Re: [BusyBox] My brain hurts again.)

tom at ceisystems.com tom at ceisystems.com
Wed Jun 30 15:17:41 UTC 2004

I think I'm dumb...or working WAY too hard on the weekends. Am I correct
in saying that the decision is to either pipe to
gunzip/bunzip2/gzip/bzip2, then read the output through TAR...or is the
conversation deeper than that? If I am correct, I'd go with piping
around because the compression utils are used in other functions than
TAR'ing things up. For instance, rotating logs, compressing modules,
etc.

If I'm dumb, though, please let me know.

Thanks,
Thomas Cameron