[BusyBox] Adding features to ash knoppix

J S g1powermac at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 14:55:12 UTC 2004

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the advice!  I actually was able to figure
this issue out.  What seems to happen is the commands
built into busybox are not accessible by busybox ash
under the initial boot of knoppix.  So I needed to add
"/static/busybox" before every command in linuxrc that
needed the busybox commands. (I tried setting the path
to /static, set the links to the commands, but nothing
worked except "/static/busybox").

I now get it to boot to the point that it needs to
mount the Knoppix/Morphix base image, which is
compressed with squashfs.  When mounting a squashfs
image, normally you just set it to use a loop device,
like:

mount /base/morphiximage /MorphixCD -o loop,ro

However, when it tries to mount it, the following
error occurs:

mount: Could not find a spare loop device.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks again,
J Silverman