[BusyBox] Monday's sed bug.

Glenn McGrath bug1 at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 16 22:47:18 UTC 2004

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:38:22 -0500
Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> And dId you know busybox hasn't got a "diff" util?  I can't find it if
> it does.  Patch, but no diff -u.  Still gotta use gnu diffutils at the
> moment...

Yea, i did "patch" because when i was trying to do my build from scratch
stuff i was trying to build make without make, there is a script in
makes source to do it, but it needs to be patched to work.

I figured diff wouldnt be needed in the build system, if it was needed
by the user then hopefully busybox would have enough to build
diffutils..

The "patch" in busybox is pretty minimal, the fuzz factor doesnt work,
so patches have to apply cleanly, i did have the positive fuzz factor
working at one stage, but to get the negative fuzz factor working would
require heavy buffering, so i ended up dropping fuzz support.

Glenn