[BusyBox] ifupdown patch

Eric Spakman E.Spakman at inter.nl.net
Tue Apr 13 19:29:05 UTC 2004

Hello Erik,

> > This patch is sended to the list some time ago by Lars Kellogg-
> > Stedman, but I think it's forgotten. It will correct the case where
> > 'ifdown' will attempt to run 'ifconfig' even if built with
> > CONFIG_FEATURE_IFUPDOWN_IP.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Eric Spakman
>
> Thanks.   Dunno how that one slipped though.  Care to
> try this change out
>     http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/networking/ifupdown.c?r1=1.36&r2=1.37
> which should be equivallent?

It seems to work correct, I didn't see any error. The code is only
reached when using dhclient or udhcpc (result=0), so I tested it with
removing dhcpcd (which I use) before bringing down the interface.

That brings me to an other question: shouldn't the "interface down"
code not always be executed, regardless off which dhcp client you
use?

Regards,
Eric Spakman