[BusyBox] BusyBox 1.0.0-pre3 released

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Sep 12 02:48:53 MDT 2003

BusyBox 1.0.0-pre3 released

  Here goes the third pre-release for the new BusyBox stable
  series. The last prerelease has held up quite well under
  testing, but a number of problems have turned up as the number
  of people using it has increased. Thanks everyone for all the
  testing, bug reports, and patches!

  If you have submitted a patch or a bug report to the busybox
  mailing list and no one has emailed you explaining why your
  patch was rejected, it is safe to say that your patch has
  somehow gotten lost or forgotten. That happens sometimes.
  Please re-submit your patch or bug report to the BusyBox
  mailing list!

  The point of the "-preX" versions is to get a larger group of
  people and vendors testing, so any problems that turn up can be
  fixed prior to the final 1.0.0 release. The main feature
  (besides additional testing) that is still still on the TODO
  list before the final BusyBox 1.0.0 release is sorting out the
  modutils issues. For the new 2.6.x kernels, we already have
  patches adding insmod and rmmod support and those need to be
  integrated. For 2.4.x kernels, for which busybox only supports
  a limited number of architectures, we may want to invest a bit
  more work before we cut 1.0.0. Or we may just leave 2.4.x
  module loading alone.

  I had hoped this release would be out a month ago. And of
  course, it wasn't since I became busy getting a release of
  uClibc out the door. Many thanks to Glenn McGrath (bug1) for
  stepping in and helping get a bunch of patches merged! I am not
  even going to state a date for releasing BusyBox 1.0.0 -pre4
  (or the final 1.0.0). We're aiming for late September... But if
  this release proves as to be exceptionally stable (or
  exceptionally unstable!) the next release may be very soon
  indeed.

As usual you can download the Changelog and grab busybox here:

	http://www.busybox.net/downloads/

 -Erik