[BusyBox] chown removes setuid permission

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Mon Sep 8 22:48:20 MDT 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:59:45 +0100
"Andrew Walrond" <andrew at walrond.org> wrote:

> HELLO! [Hand to ear; wait for echo...]
>
> This is quite serious; I am using busybox to bootstrap a linux distro
> and this problem breaks several packages 'make install's

Yes, i see this bug, ill see what i can work out.

Which programs install binaries suid, suid root can be dangerous.

Ive played with using busybox + minimal toolchain as a basic build
environment myself, only rebuilt a full toolchain though, not that many
packages.

Have you had any other problems, what other binaries do you use other
than busybox + toolchain ?

Glenn