[BusyBox] busybox 1.0, tar and hard links -- bug or feature?

Jean Wolter jw5 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Sep 8 14:37:26 MDT 2003

Glenn McGrath <bug1 at optushome.com.au> writes:

> On 08 Sep 2003 12:16:48 +0200
> Jean Wolter <jw5 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
>
> > In data_extract_all() busybox checks, whether it is a hard link or
> > not, but it does so only if CONFIG_CPIO is enabled. If I add a check
> > for CONFIG_TAR, busybox tar handles hard links correctly.
> >
> > Is this a bug or a feature?
>
> hmm, im pretty sure i fixed this bug 3 weeks ago, from your patch it
> looks like your are using an old version. 1.0-pre2 ?

You are right, 1.0-pre2 and I missed this change:

RCS file: /var/cvs/busybox/archival/libunarchive/data_extract_all.c,v
revision 1.11
date: 2003/08/14 02:55:15;  author: bug1;  state: Exp;  lines: +40 -42
Change hardlink handling for tar to work the same way as cpio

Sorry for the wrong report.

Regards,
Jean