[BusyBox] gcc problem in editor/sed.c

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Fri Oct 10 07:51:43 UTC 2003

Rob,

>>>editor/sed.c does not compile using (a Cross Tool Chain based on) gcc
>>>2.95.4:
>>
>>Ive checked this into cvs, i didnt even know such declarations were
>>allowed.
>
> It's a c++ism that gcc allows to be used in normal C.  C allows you to declare
> at the start of blocks (put curly brackets around it), but not halfway
> through a block.
>
> Possibly what's different about your cross tool chain is gcc is getting
> different arguments.  Are you feeding it the -ansi or -pedantic switches,
> perhaps?

Hmm. No. Not on purpose at least:

/opt/eldk/usr/bin/ppc_8xx-gcc -I./include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Os -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG     -c -o editors/sed.o
editors/sed.c

Are there any hidden options for the gcc? Like a .gccrc file or something?

--
Steven