[BusyBox] "Using fallback suid method" Message

David Meggy dmeggy at techsol.ca
Thu Nov 6 08:38:09 MST 2003

Hi

When you run "make menuconfig" to configure busybox, in the menu
"General Configuration" read the the help for the option "Runtime
SUID/SGID configuration via /etc/busybox.conf"

This explains the busybox suid/sgid configuration file.  Alternatively
you can choose not to use the option, but you should at least read the
help first.

David

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 00:21, Schwarz G.,DP ITS,SEO,M wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've compiled and installed busybox-1.00-pre3 without problems.
>
> But every command (exept of 'cd') of busybox I execute throws the message
> "Using fallback suid method" and then the command gets executed..
> Can anybody tell me why this message apears and what I can do to prefent
> this message?
>
> I'm using kernel 2.4.22.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> schorsch