[BusyBox] inittab shutdown and umount order

tom at ceisystems.com tom at ceisystems.com
Sun Nov 2 21:51:17 MST 2003

Oskar,
	Realisitically, this is something that each Linux distribution
approaches differently.  My method is to stop all of the services I have
init scripts for, then remount my root partition read-only, and finally
execute a reboot.  This does not account for any other processes that
may be running, and is thus severely broken if a "user" attempts to run
some sort of daemon by hand.  However, as this is extremely unlikely, I
don't worry about it too much.

Good luck,
Thomas Cameron
CEI Systems