[BusyBox] /proc is too big

Andreas Banze andreas at banze.de
Fri May 23 09:40:39 UTC 2003

On Fri May 23, 2003 - 05:33:01PM, Saiful wrote:
> The RAM is 128 MB.

> >> I found out that the  /proc is almost 160MB but my CF capacity is only
> >> 64MB.  What went wrong ?
> >How much RAM do you have? About 160M? du seams to count the kcore file
> >as used space, but that just represents your RAM (as used by the
> >kernel).

I can't tell you why it displays 160 MB diskspace used but /proc is a
virtual filesystem built at runtime. On the bootmedium there is only a mount
point needed, nothing else, so it doesn't matter how big it seems to be,
this space isn't needed on your CF.

MfG
Andreas Banze

--
There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
					-- Albert Schweitzer