[BusyBox] Extending wget

Owens, Steve Steve.Owens at usa.xerox.com
Fri Mar 14 07:04:04 UTC 2003

You're right, and I thought about that. However wget was the first thing I
latched onto as it uses a URL on the command line (I liked the idea of
passing around a URL instead of a list of arguments) and it allows us to
extend our file retrieval capabilities to the web, which *might* be useful
to some of our guys in the field. Since I've got to get this out the door
RSN, I'll probably have use what I've got for now, but I'll make the changes
to ftpget and post the diffs when I get the chance.

Another thought occurred to me while I was looking at the code: why does
wget essentially duplicate the code of ftpget? On it's face it seems as
though calling ftpget from within wget would make the code smaller. Any
thoughts?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no
other way.
-- Mark Twain