[BusyBox] Kernel compiling with busybox

Thomas Cameron tom at ceisystems.com
Tue Mar 11 07:26:05 UTC 2003

Sean,

	These are not bugs, or errors.  Perhaps some of the issues could
be resolved by recompiling busybox's tools with all of their options,
but for the most part, this is to be expected.

	Some of what makes busybox so small is tighter code than the
full blown version of the utils it replaces, but most of it is stripped
functionality.  You should expect tools to be missing some of the more
rarely used functions, as the are _usually_ not critical.

	Unfortunately, compiling a kernel is a fairly complicated task
for a system to undertake.  Many tools are used that are either rarely
used otherwise, or simply archaic.  Just the nature of the beast, I am
afraid.

Good luck,
Thomas Cameron
CEI Systems, Inc.