[BusyBox] Security testing...

tom at ceisystems.com tom at ceisystems.com
Tue Jul 22 14:38:11 UTC 2003

Hello all,

	Recently there was a thread regarding the "security" of the
login and telnet applets included in BusyBox.  I would like to alert the
list to the fact that within the next week I should be testing a
BusyBox/uClibc-based system for security.
	Any particular suggestions, tests, utilities, etc. people would
like me to try are welcomed to my mailbox.  I ask that you use the
subject "SECURITY:", so I may easily identify requests from the usual
spam I receive.
	My basic testing will be done with the Nessus system, running on
a Gentoo box.  Again, if anybody can think of tests and/or utilities
they would like me to use to poke at the system with, just let me know.
I think this is a good step forward for BusyBox/uClibc-based systems.
It certainly is a _long_ way from where these utilities were when I
started using them in 2000.

Thomas Cameron
CEI Systems, Inc.