[BusyBox] df with post 2.4.18 kernels

Jacques Nilo jnilo at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 13 15:40:03 UTC 2003

Le Lundi 13 Janvier 2003 08:43, Allan (reply to list only) a écrit :
> Jacques;
>
> Sorry if I don't understand; Busybox seems to be reading and
> interpreting the information given by the kernel correctly, as shown by
> /proc/mounts.
Yes

> Are you implying that a "df that works" should make assumptions, such as
> "if it looks like the same mount, don't show it again"?  Wouldn't an
> assumption be a bad thing?
This is basically what Viro says in the attached reference.
My second concern is why the same command (df) should lead to two different
results only by upgrading the kernel? My feeling is that the df output should
only give one single outcome for root (/)

> I'm sure you could submit a patch to BusyBox yourself that would skip a
> filesystem type "rootfs", but I don't know whether Erik (et al) would
> accept your patch.  You could try it...
Well I just wanted to outline this pecuriality to the developers. As far as
the patch is concerned I leave that with them to decide whether it should be
taken into account or not. On the top of that I do not consider myself as a C
expert :-(
Jacques

<snip>