[BusyBox] 1.0.0-pre4 build failure (vconfig)

Nick Fedchik nick at fedchik.org.ua
Thu Dec 18 08:23:53 UTC 2003

> /opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-uclibc/bin/mipsel-uclibc-gcc -I./include -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE
> -DNDEBUG   -Os  -c -o networking/vconfig.o networking/vconfig.c
> networking/vconfig.c:30:27: linux/if_vlan.h: No such file or directory
> networking/vconfig.c:52: `ADD_VLAN_CMD' undeclared here (not in a
> function)
> networking/vconfig.c:52: initializer element is not constant
> networking/vconfig.c:52: (near initialization for `cmds[1]')
> networking/vconfig.c:54: `DEL_VLAN_CMD' undeclared here (not in a
> function)
>
> My build system is RH 7.3 based and /usr/include/linux comes from the
> glibc-kernheaders-2.4-7.16 RPM, and doesn't contain if_vlan.h. I don't
> where I should configure the path to my kernel source.

It's not a Busybox problem.
Your kernel is very old.
Anyway if_vlan should be present in kernel headers, it's not a glibc-related
header.
You shoul patch your kernel by vlan kernel patches, or get a latest kernel
version.
Latest kernels have vlan support included and need no any additional patches.
Look here:
http://www.candelatech.com/~greear/vlan.html
or ask to help Red Hat support team.

--