[BusyBox] busybox sed with multi command

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Dec 5 08:32:36 UTC 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 21:17, Stelarinc wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Using busybox's sed, I can't do a multiple sed
> command.  For example, in a file a.txt that contains:
> ABC=AAA
> DEF=BBB
>
> When I do cat a.txt | sed -e "/^ABC *=/s%=.*%=CCC" -e
> "/^DEF *=/s%=.*%=DDD"
>
> It returns just DEF=DDD.  But when I do it using the
> gnu sed, it returns:
> ABC=CCC
> DEF=DDD
>
> Please tell me if you need any more info, because I'm
> new to busybox.
>
> Thanks :)

Are you using the CVS version?  I sent in a patch for that a month ago, and
I'm fairly certain it made it into CVS.  (If it didn't, try to work through
it in a couple days.  You can check the list archive for the patch...)

This is the last week of classes in the semester, and although as a grad
student I don't have finals, I do have three papers, a take-home test, and a
gazillion write-ups due by midnight tuesday.  (After that, I catch up on
to-do list items like this...)

-pre3 is actually pretty old by this point.  The sed in cvs has been fairly
extensively redone...