[BusyBox] latest busybox snapshot success

Artemio theman at artemio.net
Mon Dec 1 06:24:33 UTC 2003

Hello all,

just wanted to report that yesterday I got the latest busybox snapshot ,
patched it with Tito's devfsd patch (thanks!) and used for my busybox-only
floppy distro based on 2.4.18 kernel.

It works absolutely fine and I already used it in a number of ways to create
and mount minix fs on a ramdisk, to edit stuff on my hdd and do other cool
things! Great work!

Compared to "official" 1.00-pre3, I noticed that:

 o devfs is now fully supported, so init doesn't try to open old /dev/tty*'s
anymore
 o shell now _does_ support \w\h-kind of escape sequences, so I'm able to set
my own cool PS1 string :-P
 o vi _gets_ resized to fullscreen in any vga mode

Thanks a lot again for your great work, guys!

Good luck!