[BusyBox] Help! Booting NFS with ARM using shared libraries

yukwing.li at conexant.com yukwing.li at conexant.com
Wed Apr 23 02:27:23 UTC 2003

Hi Erik,

I have finally figured out why my busybox cannot be loaded dynamically.
The problem was my cross-built glibc libraies.  When I do readelf on
libc.2.2.3.so, it says "requesting program interpreter:
/usr/local/arm/3.2.2//lib/ld-linux.so.s"in stead of "/lib/ld-linux.so.2".
If I make a symbolic link from my <nfs root>/usr/local/arm/3.2.2/lib to
<nfs root>/lib, everything will work just fine.

I guess my problem was caused by the way I cross-build the ARM glibc.  I
use "/usr/local/arm/3.2.2/" as the prefix.  Do you know how I can get
around this?

Thanks for you help!

Yuk-Wing Li

"Erik Andersen" <andersen at codepoet.org>