[BusyBox] top applet patch for all kernels

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Sep 25 10:13:04 UTC 2002

Eero,

> On embedded devices you often have so few processes that
> they all fit into screen.
>
> > I realize sort by cpu usage (percentable) or memory usage
> > as may be including feature (interactive switcher have also).
>
> Maybe a switch for not showing kernel processes (ones without
> commandline) would let one see all the running user space
> processes (or the other way round, a switch to enable showing
> of kernel processes).  One is not normally interested about kernel
> processes in top, only about user space ones.
>
> There might be another switch to turn off the information at the
> top of 'top' screen.[1]
>
> [1]  With this one could also pipe the 'top' output to network and
> the other end could make memory usage graphs for each of the
> process running on the embedded device in "real time". :-)

I like not addition options if havent original system programm.

> Attached is another patch for "top" which:
> - fixes comments to correspond to current code.

Done.

I realize your TODO for read status form /proc/#/stat(m) files,
algorithm again full rewroted ;)

> This patch is also untested as I don't have busybox source here.

I also like always writing applet without busybox tree place with
use minimal debug stuff for emulate libbb and bb-include files ;)

--
vodz