[BusyBox] [ PATCH ] ipcalc applet

Stephan Linz linz at mazet.de
Tue Oct 29 07:44:03 UTC 2002

Hi all,

here is the merged code of the ipcalc applet for BB 0.60.5.

There are two new configuration options inside of Config.h -- BB_IPCALC and
BB_FEATURE_FANCY_IPCALC. The final size are 385 bytes without FANCY, and 932
bytes with FANCY.

Feel free to use it,
Stepahn

------------
Hi Erik,

I have no access to any CVS. I live behind a very restrictive firewall. Could
you check in this patch in current CVS tree.

thanks,
Stephan

Am Samstag, 26. Oktober 2002 12:42 schrieb Erik Andersen:
> On Wed Oct 09, 2002 at 10:04:07AM -0600, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> > Continuing with the "no value added" patch parade - here is a
> > patch that adds a Busybox applet for the 'ipcalc' utility
> > (usually distributed as part of the Redhat distro).  I use it
> > on thin clients to verify network information which is entered
> > by users.  This applet saves me about 20k on our final ROM
> > image, so it is useful for me, but I don't know how everyone
> > else feels.
>
> On Thu Oct 24, 2002 at 08:58:09PM +0200, Stephan Linz wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > today I have ported Red Hat's ipcalc utility to busybox. The original
> > code was build against popt, but in my embedded systems there are no popt
> > library and I wan't to use additional libs. So I write new busybox
> > applet. If you wan't to use it, patch your latest busybox tree (0.60.4)
> > with attached patch and uncomment define BB_IPCALC in Config.h -- that's
> > all :-)
>
> Hi Jordan, Hi Stephan,
>
> It looks like both of you have recently implemented ipcalc.  I
> like what Jordan has done with shrinking the code, but his
> version is not as full featured as Stephan's is.  Could you
> two get together, decide on a final feature set, merge the
> applets as needed, and then re-submit the result?  Thanks!
>
>  -Erik
>
> --
> Erik B. Andersen             http://codepoet-consulting.com/
> --This message was written using 73% post-consumer electrons--

Stephan Linz
Software Engineer

MAZeT GmbH                   Email:   mailto:linz at mazet.de
Branche office Jena          Phone:   +49-3641-2809-55
Göschwitzer Straße 32        Fax  :   +49-3641-2809-12
D-07745 JENA
Germany

Visit our web-pages: http://www.MAZeT.de