[BusyBox] RFC: tinylogin integration

Robert Griebl griebl at gmx.de
Sun May 19 19:37:07 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I have ported 'login' and 'su' from tinylogin to busybox (this includes an
extension to the applets struct and run_applets_by_name function to support
SUID binaries).

27900 tinylogin with getty, login, su [securetty, shadowpasswds]
77116 busybox with ash
-----
105016

77372 busybox with ash and support for SUID

92252 busybox with ash, getty, login, su [securetty, shadowpasswds]

That's 105016 - 92252 = 12764 bytes saved

Attached is only the basic patch for busybox.h/applets.c - I have omitted the
diff for applets.h, because it would be *very* big (every APPLET() gets a
additional parameter _BB_SUID_NEVER) and the login files themselves, because
they are not 100% finished yet

Is there any interested to get tinylogin fully integrated into busybox ?
 If yes, I will make a sane Makefile.in for the pwd_grp dir, since currently
this is only a quick and dirty hack =) and post a new, complete diff...

--
cu
Robert

--
Real programmers dont write documentation -
leave that to the maintenance people.