[BusyBox] Building uname...

Thomas Cameron tom at ceisystems.com
Sun Mar 24 13:41:03 UTC 2002

Hello again,
    I looked at the CVSWeb system, and looked at the latest changes
(v1.16 to v1.17).  There's only two lines changed.  The earliest changes
before 1.17 is back in december, when version 1.16 was committed.  I
know that it worked from December until a few days ago.  So, here's the
two changed lines:

Line 96:
         strcpy(uname_info.processor, "unknown");

         for (delta=utsname_offset ; toprint ; delta++, toprint >>= 1) {
                 if (toprint & 1) {
                         printf("%s ", ((char *)(&uname_info)) + *delta
);
                 }
         }

         putchar('\n');

         return EXIT_SUCCESS;

Line 96:
         strcpy(uname_info.processor, "unknown");

         for (opt=0,delta=utsname_offset ; toprint ; delta++, toprint
>>= 1) {
                 if (toprint & 1) {
                         printf("%s%s", (opt++==0)? "": " ", ((char
*)(&uname_info)) + *delta);
                 }
         }

         putchar('\n');

         return EXIT_SUCCESS;

    Basically, from what I can tell, the only difference, to the uname.c
source at least, is the addition of the "opt" variable.  But if opt was
added, would that really cause a problem?  Can someone try to revert
their uname.c to version 1.16, and try to recompile?  What about back to
version 1.15?  Anyway, give it a try, and let us know.

Thomas Cameron
CEI Systems