[BusyBox] ping revision 1.51

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Fri Jun 7 00:19:03 UTC 2002

On Thu Jun 06, 2002 at 02:10:19PM -0600, Tim Riker wrote:
> Hmm..
>
> I tested this and got the results I expected. It seems to be fine with
> current cvs.
>
> I would run "./busybox ping -c 1 1.2.3.4 ; echo $?" and if 1.2.3.4 was
> unreachable I'd still get a 0 back.
>
> Looked like the ping return was the issue, so I changed it. I retested
> and I got the 1 return as I expected so I committed the change.
>
> The current CVS works just as expected. Was I on drugs? I had reports
> from other busybox users of the same issue. Ping returning ok even if
> the ping failed.
>
> Sorry for the hassle.

When I implemented the new config system and reorganized the
busybox source tree, due to CVS limitations, I created a separate
CVS tree, so now there is a "busybox.stable" tree and a "busybox"
CVS tree.  Perhaps the ping bug exists in the "busybox.stable"
tree (which is what is used on the tuxscreen) but you tried to
fix that bug in the "busybox" CVS tree?

 -Erik