[BusyBox] segmentation fault while mounting a jffs2 from fstab

Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com
Thu Feb 28 15:51:03 UTC 2002

Andy,

> I've got a flash chip that I'm mounting as an mtd device and as a jffs2
> filesystem.
> #cat etc/fstab
> proc		/proc	proc	defaults	0	0
> /dev/mtdblock1	/mnt	jffs2	defaults	0	0
> #/bin/mount /mnt/
> mtdblock_open
> Now I get a seg. fault, but I can still use the device fine.

When I cut-and-pasted your fstab entry into mine and unmounted my
jffs2 then did your "mount /mnt" I discoverd you had a typo:

 /dev/mtdblock/1	/mnt	jffs2	defaults	0	0
              ^
That may be because of my using devfs.  Anyways, on MIPS 2.4.17
with BB60.2 it works fine.

Is your /etc/ directory writeable?  Namely, /etc/mtab if you're not using devfs?

Maybe you need to have /proc mounted first?  E.g.

    # mount -t proc none /proc

Then try your jffs2 mount.

Geoff
--