[BusyBox] Re: Large build size with uCLibc?

Ryan Lindeman lindemanr at rubberstampfactory.com
Thu Feb 14 20:56:03 UTC 2002

Hello again.

I just compiled busybox with several options using the regular gcc.  The
filesize for busybox was 186k.
Then I compiled it with uClibc (PATH=/usr/i386-...uclibc/bin:$PATH) and
ended up with a filesize of 183k.

Should I see a significant difference? or is this normal.  Idealy I
would like it smaller if possible.

One other question:  If I compile busybox with no networking options:
(ifconfig, ping, etc) and one with the standard options (ls, mv, etc)
will the two executables be smaller than if I had them all in one busybox?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan Lindeman