[BusyBox] Re: Non-CONFIG options

Tim Riker Tim at Rikers.org
Sat Dec 14 01:20:06 UTC 2002

Seems to me that you should be adding a prefix all the time to each
package and removing to avoid any name clashes. Surely you would not be
able to get the upstream maintainers to resolve all those you find.

I'd suggest processing all the Config.in etc files and doing the prefix
all the time, even for those that are unique. So the kernel options
become LINUX_{CONFIG_FOO} and busybox BUSYBOX_{FOO} etc. this method
would always work. It just requires that the package names be unique
which they would have to be anyway for directory namespace issues.

Where is your config system hosted now? Are you interested in using the
SF project "elinux" and web server http://eLinux.org/ for that? This is
exactly the type of project I'd like to see there.

PS: if Erik is reading this early Saturday morning, then he should go to
bed. ;-) Then again so should I. ;-)
--
Tim Riker - http://rikers.org/ - TimR at Debian.org
Lineo CTO - Tim at Lineo.com - http://www.Lineo.com/