[BusyBox] [feature request] logread -f

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Wed Dec 4 15:17:03 UTC 2002

Hi list, dear Erik,

thanks for all the work with busybox. Still I have a small (so I hope)
feature request.

The familiar iPaq distribution has turned to using busybox and its
syslogd with circular buffer support. That is great, but when debugging
(hardware) problems I liked to have a tail -f /var/log/messages to get
fast feedback of what was logged to syslog.

While I can run logread ever so often, it first prints all the old lines
again :-(

Therefor I'd like to ask for a switch to logread to make it act like
tail -f /var/log/messages.

I've checked out the latest version from CVS, but logread does not have
any switches.

Thanks in Advance.
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2002 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant    GNU FDL 1.1    secure mobile Linux everNETting   \ /