[BusyBox] Some [silly] questions

Christophe Boyanique busybox at raceme.org
Wed Apr 3 13:16:03 UTC 2002

As this is my come back since a year to busybox I have several
unanswered questions that are teasing me.

I made tests on a stripped Debian/Woody on an AMD Elan 5x86; kernel
2.4.18 with woody's glibc. I can provide more informations but only
during the next day as my work on this will be finished friday :(

1/ I tried the halt and reboot applet and there are doing... nothing...
Impossible to reboot the machine.

2/ I tried the modutils functions and I cannot insmod correctly a module
(init from Debian says that it stopped a loop range thing; I used the
new module interface and no version checking).

3/ Why head asks to something like "head -n 1" instead of "head -1" ?

4/ Why umount does not accept the -t option as mount does ?

5/ I tried the vi applet with only colon, yanmark, search and it core
dumped once I stroke a key (like i to go in insert mode). I added all
options and the bug disappeared.

Christophe.