bug#1214: [BusyBox] bug#1214: modprobe doesn't

Adam Slattery aslattery at sunriselinux.com
Mon Sep 10 19:15:03 UTC 2001

> modprobe.c just calls insmod without looking for a modules.dep for any
> preloads. NFS compiled as a module should load sunrpc, then lockd, then
> nfs for example. I placed a modules.dep on the fs, and modutils modprobe
> does that, but busybox modprobe does not.

Very true, but this isn't a bug. It's a missing feature so this should
probably be downgraded to wishlist. Eventually code should probably be
added to at least follow modules.dep.

As a work-around you can either use modutils (the recommended method) or
hack together a shell script (yes, this is possible).

- Adam Slattery