[BusyBox] latest CVS version

Gennady Feldman gena01 at cachier.com
Wed Oct 24 15:53:26 UTC 2001

> Mind trying again now?
>
>  -Erik

It seems ok now, I was able to update to the latest stuff. I was looking at
sysklogd directory and rules.

First of all can somebody explain what this code in logread.c does (or why
it's there, maybe we need to add this to syslogd.c as well)

#if __GNU_LIBRARY__ < 5
#error Sorry.  Looks like you are using libc5.
#error libc5 shm support isnt good enough.
#error Please disable CONFIG_FEATURE_IPC_SYSLOG
#endif

Also we somehow lost CONFIG_FEATURE_IPC_SYSLOG see syslogd.c and logread.c,
also when I do "make menuconfig" you should NOT be able to check/uncheck
logread, you need to add an option to have IPC (Circular buffer code) or
something of this sort then we can update syslogd.c and logread.c to check
the new CONFIG variable and then it should only allow whether you want
logread compiled or not. I know that this way it's a bit more complicated,
but I don't see the point of people selecting logread if it's not going to
work.

P.S. Great job on the make system and directory cleanup. It's also nice to be
able to restore the selected modules after cvs update. :)

G.F.