[BusyBox] How to use CGA Card ...

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Mon Oct 22 06:00:09 UTC 2001

On Mon, Oct 22 '01 at 12:10, Rupa.KHANDELWAL at st.com wrote:
> I am using linux.2.4.9 and I have CGA card on my mother board .How to
> make a bzImage for CGA monitor
This is purely a Linux Kernel question, and has nothing to do with
busybox.

While I was sure I had Linux running on a hercules only PC, this might
have been 2.0.x or earlier. It looks like if the 2.4.x kernel (2.2.x
too) only support VGA text mode.
I would just try to compile a kernel with support for serial console and
VGA Text mode and try to boot it on your CGA card, it might work.
--
Goetz Bock                                              IT Consultant
Dipl.-Inf. Univ.