[BusyBox] Compiling busybox against libc5

Adam Slattery aslattery at sunriselinux.com
Sun Oct 14 20:51:16 UTC 2001

> If a member of this list is compiling their busybox executable against
> libc5 (GNU/Linux i386, preferably), would they please tell me how the
> heck they managed to get the right libraries installed? :-)

no, but i've compiled other stuff against libc5 on glibc systems. Make
sure you are indeed using the gcc cross compiler you installed and not the
default installation of gcc on your system. Also make sure you don't have
glibc header files in /usr/include; you should be using the ones from
libc5 (for rpms, usually in libc5-devel).

Hope this helps.

- Adam Slattery