[BusyBox] cannot open /proc/net/dev on TQM860L

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 26 06:14:56 UTC 2001

In message <81D0D3538E3CD411AE3C00D0B7474C31A64C6F at jadran.hermes.si> you wrote:

> I'm running busybox 0.60.2 on TQM860L platform and it works just fine,
> except for network.

All TQM8xxL and TQM82xx systems are supported by us (DENX), and  work
fine, including network.

>  cannot open /proc/net/dev (No such file or directory). Limited output.

Usually  this  means  exactly  what  it  says:  there  is   no   file
/proc/net/dev on your system.

> I have already enabled the proc file system option in kernel (latest kernel
> by denx) and I have /proc dir. on file system too, so I guess something must
> be wrong in configuring busybox (or not)?

Did you MOUNT the /proc filesystem?

Usually we have something like

	# mount /proc so "reboot" works
	/bin/mount -t proc proc /proc

in our "/etc/rc.sh" script.

See our SELF package (Simple Embedded Linux Framework) wor a  working
configuration  (which  also adds a few goodies like applets to access
the PPCBoot environment variables, and the on-board flash memory):
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SELF/

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The only person who always got his work done by Friday
                                                 was Robinson Crusoe.