[BusyBox] Init problems?!?

Jem X freewheel at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 02:00:40 UTC 2001

Yippeee... I'm not going crazy then. I haven't had a chance to try out the
ash shell offered to me, work has been so busy and as my "wait for a second"
fix seems to do the trick I haven't had a chance to re-visit the problem.

I have had one thought (not fully researched yet), and that is whenever the
init application fork()'s it is a toss-up whether the forked process
executes first or the originating process. I have had this problem before
where due to the indeterminate nature of a fork() occasionally processes
would be left orphaned if the parent died to quick (don't even know if this
would affect things). I wonder if a bit of signalling could sort this out to
ensure the child executes first?

As I say, time is limited but I will try and look into this some more soon.

Jem