[BusyBox] halfway to hush variables

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue May 15 11:27:37 UTC 2001

On Tue May 15, 2001 at 11:02:14AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue May 15, 2001 at 12:15:24AM -0700, larry at doolittle.boa.org wrote:
> > This patch covers one big part of variable handling.
> > $ a=b foo
> > should be handled correctly.
> > $ a=b
> > is parsed OK, but the actual variable setting is not
> > yet written.  Except for some weird exceptions related
> > to quoting rules, this code passes (matches ash behavior)
> > all the tests I threw at it.
> >
> > If someone now writes set_local_var(), and updates lookup_param()
> > to match, we can claim success!
>
> I've got set_local_var mostly written now.  Just ironing out the
> segfaults and such.  Should be ready in about an hour.  :-)

Ok, didn't take me an hour.  Done.  Check it out.

    [andersen at slag busybox]$ ./busybox sh

    hush -- the humble shell v0.01 (testing)

    /home/andersen/CVS/busybox $ env | grep FOO
    /home/andersen/CVS/busybox $ FOO=bar
    /home/andersen/CVS/busybox $ env | grep FOO
    /home/andersen/CVS/busybox $ echo $FOO
    bar
    /home/andersen/CVS/busybox $ export FOO=baz
    /home/andersen/CVS/busybox $ env | grep FOO
    FOO=baz
    /home/andersen/CVS/busybox $ echo $FOO
    bar
    /home/andersen/CVS/busybox $