[BusyBox] compiling libbb under the Hurd

Glenn McGrath bug1 at optushome.com.au
Thu May 3 06:41:22 UTC 2001

Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Fri Apr 27, 2001 at 02:16:16PM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > There are 3 functions in libbb that dont compile under the Hurd.
> >
> > The attached patch seperates them so they are only ocmpiled if uname
> > resolves to Linux, i dont know if this is a good solution, i only tried
> > it under debian.
> >
> > Is there a better way to test for the OS type ?
>
> I do not think this will work when cross compiling...

We could use the script from /usr/share/automake/config.guess to get the
OS name, apparently to cross compilers, its what configure scripts use
to get the OS type.

So if we use config.guess and if linux is mentioned in the output we can
compile the linux specific code into libbb, does something like that
sound acceptable ?

It would be good to have a busybox hurd deb, it would help with the Hurd
installer.

Glenn