[BusyBox] Changing from ramdisk to ramfs: nothing but busybox

Matt Kraai kraai at alumni.carnegiemellon.edu
Tue Jun 5 12:09:07 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 10:33:30AM -0700, Larry Doolittle wrote:
> The following set of test cases, besides showing that hush expands variables
> too early, triggers a memory allocation bug.  I think I'd like two changes:
> (besides 36 hour days :-)
>   1. fix the bug.

I assume you are refering to the following problem:

$ >
Segmentation fault

In order to fix this, it looks like done_command needs to notice
that there is still a pending redirect, which means that all of
its callers need to notice if it returns an error, which means
that done_pipe needs to return an error, which means all of its
callers need to check if it returns an error.  Ugh.

Is this analysis correct?

Matt